Port Aransas is a working port and is also one of Texas' most popular tourist towns. This is the perfect place to spend a weekend, a vacation or longer.
Located only a few minutes from Corpus Christi, 2 1/2 hours from San Antonio, 3 1/2 hours from Austin, 3 hours from Houston, and 6 1/2 hours from Dallas/Ft. Worth makes Port Aransas an easy getaway for the major cities in Texas.
|Go to the Beach
You will find miles and miles of wide, spacious beaches with surfs ideal for swimming and wading.
Get a great tan sunbathing on the beaches.
Fishermen will find ample opportunities to enjoy their hobby.
You can fish from the public piers, the beaches, bulkheads, or go on a chartered fishing cruise.
|Gulf Shores Vacation Condo Rental
Want to spend your vacation in a beautiful condo looking out
at the bay?
Shoppers will find gift and antique
stores, clothing stores, and more.
|Tour the Island
Electric cars and bicycles are available for rent for those who want to leisurely tour the island.
Nature lovers will find plenty to observe with the seagulls, pelicans, cranes and other sea birds. You can also enjoy watching the dolphins frolic along the coast.
|Want to enjoy some great seafood?
You will find plenty of nice restaurants in Port A. Some have waterfront locations which offer great views of soaring birds and of the boats cruising by.
You can find accommodations for all incomes and lifestyles, all the way from luxury waterfront condos to tent camping on the beach, and everything in between.
Click the links below for hotel reservation availability.
Port Aransas Hotels
Corpus Christi Hotels
Tourist Attractions in the Area:
- Aransas Wildlife Refuge
- Mustang Island State Park with Camping
- Texas Coastal Bend Regional Tourism Council
- U.S.S. Lexington - Museum on the Bay - Corpus Christi
- Texas State Aquarium - Corpus Christi
- Mustang Island State Park - Mustang Island
- Fulton Mansion - State Historic Site - Fulton
- Texas Maritime Museum - Rockport
- Padre Island National Seashore
- Goose Island State Park - Rockport
Things to do in Port Aransas:
- Miles of beach offer perfect swimming and sunbathing
- Take a boating tour or cruise
- Windsurfing, parasailing, and scuba diving
- Nature watching and photography
- Fishing from the piers, the beach or a fishing charter boat
- Shopping at the local tourist stores
- Dining at the waterfront seafood restaurants
- Touring the area on a rented bike or electric car
- Strolling along the beach and out on the piers
- Visit Art Centers and Museums
- Whooping Crane Festival - Every February in Port Aransas
Photo compliments of Keith McMullin, Realtor
Sky High Adventures
P.O. Box 2455
Port Aransas, Texas 78373
Scenic Cruises and Boat Tours
Woody's Sports Center - Birdwatching & Nature Tours - Port Aransas, Texas
Woody's Sports Center offers the best in bird watching in the Port Aransas area
of the coast. We have the perfect boat for observing the water birds of this
area. Cruise along the wetland shore line and observe Egrets, Herons,
Spoonbills, Gulls, etc.
Party boats, family boat trips, bird watching tours, and charter fishing. Includes
map, rates, and birding schedule. Home of the Wharf Cat and Scat Cat.
Wild Eye Charters - Port Aransas, Texas
Airboat rides and fishing charters
Jetty BoatOut to Sea Adventures
1246 Kiowa Drive West
114 W. Cotter
Lake Kiowa, Texas 76240
Port Aransas Municipla Harbor
If you know of a web page that should
be included on this
web site, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.