Port Aransas is a working port and is
also one of Texas' most popular tourist towns. This is the perfect place to
spend a weekend, a vacation or longer.
Port Aransas was a location of pirates in the early 19th century. From about 1800 to the early 1820s, the Gulf Coast was a haunt of pirate ships searching for riches. Capt. Jean Lafitte and his buccaneers spent time on the Texas coast; Galveston owed its start to him and Mustang Island was one of his favorite haunts. Capt. Jean Lafitte used Mustang Island as a place to make camp and, according to legend, a place to hide their treasure.*
Shoppers will find gift and antique
stores, clothing stores, and more.
Located only a few minutes from Corpus
Christi, 2 1/2 hours from San Antonio, 3 1/2 hours from Austin, 3 hours from Houston, and
6 1/2 hours from Dallas/Ft. Worth makes Port Aransas an easy getaway for the major cities
|Go to the Beach
You will find miles and miles of wide, spacious beaches with surfs
ideal for swimming and wading.
Get a great tan sunbathing on the beaches.
||Tour the Island
Electric cars and bicycles are available for rent for those who want
to leisurely tour the island.
Fishermen will find ample opportunities to enjoy their hobby.
You can fish from the public piers, the beaches,
bulkheads, or go on a chartered fishing cruise.
Nature lovers will find plenty to observe with the seagulls,
pelicans, cranes and other sea birds. You can also enjoy watching the dolphins
frolic along the coast.
|Want to enjoy some great seafood?
You will find plenty of nice restaurants in Port A. Some have waterfront
locations which offer great views of soaring birds and of the boats cruising by.
Tourist Attractions in the
Things to do in Port Aransas:
- Check out the 8 Wonders of Port Aransas
- Miles of beach offer perfect swimming
- Take a boating tour or cruise
- Windsurfing, parasailing, and scuba
- Nature watching and photography
- Fishing from the piers, the beach or a
fishing charter boat
- Shopping at the local tourist stores
- Dining at the waterfront seafood
- Touring the area on a rented bike or
- Strolling along the beach and out on
- Visit Art Centers and Museums like the Port Aransas Museum.
- Whooping Crane Festival - Every February in Port Aransas
Photo compliments of Keith McMullin, Realtor
For information on this Website